Meet Barbara Berschler
Since 1985, Barbara Berschler has advised business owner’s throughout the Maryland-Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. She has also provided services to international clients from Canada, the Bahamas, and Germany. From her N. Bethesda office, she works with clients located throughout Maryland including Montgomery County, Prince George County, the District of Columbia, Arlington County and Alexandria County. Ms. Berschler's practice consists of general business and commercial law, with a special focus on the intellectual property law of copyrights and trademarks.
Ms. Berschler asks the kinds of questions that aid her clients in identifying their central concerns. Armed with such information, Ms. Berschler develops an appropriate response that is both realistic and cost-effective.
In furtherance of her wish to bring useful information to the business community, Ms. Berschler has written many articles covering important business and intellectual property law topics, and conducted numerous business and intellectual property law workshops for such organizations as: SCORE, U.S. SBA; the Writer's Center, Bethesda; and the Maryland Small Business Development Center.
Some of the areas in which she provides service to her clients are:
- Business Planning
- Buying/Selling of Businesses
- Commercial and Retail Leases
- Confidentiality - Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Corporations and LLCs
- Franchise Agreements
Intellectual Property Matters
- Assignments of Rights
- Open Source
Bar Admissions and education
Professional Associations and Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar, Member, 1978 - Present
- District of Columbia Bar, Intellectual Property Section, Co-Chair, 2006 - 2010
- District of Columbia Bar, Intellectual Property Section, Member, 2005 – Present
- Maryland State Bar Association, Intellectual Property and Business Law Sections 2010- Present
- Rockville Chamber of Commerce, Board Member, 2007 - 2010
- Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2010 - 2012
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia - LL.M.
Major: Focused on Intellectual Property
- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - J.D.
- Douglass College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey - B.A.
- "Intellectual Property Basics for Copyright, Trademarks, Trade Secrets and Licenses Workshop for Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)", U.S. SBA, Washington, DC
- "How to Purchase a Franchise and How to Make Your Business Successful", Howard University School of Continuing Education, Silver Spring, MD
- "Copyright Made Easy", Writer's Center, Bethesda, MD
- "Benefit Corporations: A New Way?", Montgomery County Bar, Business Law Section